Last Modified: March 25th, 2021
- We, International Congress on Nutrition and Integrative Medicine, collect your information necessitated to provide our services and are committed to keep your trust by appropriate safeguard to the information managed by ICNIM Executive Office. This policy describes how we collect your information and how it is used and shared.
- Data Controller
ICNIM Executive Office
c/o Amino Up Co., Ltd.
363-32 Shin-ei, Kiyota,
Sapporo, 004-0839 JAPAN
Questions, comments and complaints about our data practices can be submitted to us through here.
When we collect your personal data, we will make sure you know why we need it. The purposes of data collection and types of data collected are as follows:
- Response to inquiries
・In order to improve the quality and accuracy of responses to inquiries from you, we may collect information such as name, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number and your organization belonging.
- Screening for membership
・We collect your name, e-mail address, telephone number, institutional information, date of birth, gender, nationality, degree and filed of expertise in order to verify your identity when screening you for admission to ICNIM. The information used during the screening process may be used to create a membership account.
- Creating and updating membership account
・In addition to the information collected at the time of application for membership, the delivery address may be collected if you wish to receive publications and other information from us. The collected data may be used for administrative communication from us.
・When a member logs in, cookies are used to maintain authentication while using our website. The information used is only used to maintain the authentication to our website.
・Device information such as IP address, OS, web browser may be collected during access to our website. This information may be used for statistical analysis of access information.
- Sharing and disclosure
We may share the collected data in the following circumstances. We will not share the collected data with any third party without the consent of you, except when permitted by law. However, statistically processed information such as the number of membership applications and user attributes may be disclosed.
- ・If you are attending an annual meeting of ICNIM, information related to your attendance will be shared with the organizers or sponsors of the meeting. If you wish to make arrangements for accommodation, transportation, etc. through us, we may collect additional information and provide it to hotels, taxi companies, restaurants, and other local services. In addition, if you need to obtain a visa to attend the congress, we may collect your passport information separately, which will be used to prepare your visa application documents.
- ・If you wish to have publications delivered, our delivery service may be outsourced to a delivery partner and the recipient's name and address will be shared.
- ・If you present your research outcomes at an annual meeting of ICNIM, the names of the presenter and co-presenters and their institutions will be published in the abstracts or on our website.
- ・We may disclose your data in accordance with laws and regulations when requested to do so by law enforcement or government agencies, or when deemed necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of a third party.
- ・Even in cases other than those set forth in this policy, we may share your data if we have obtained your consent on sharing.
- Retention and Deletion of Information
- We will retain your data for a period of two or more years in principle. We will take measures to prevent access to your data that is no longer needed to achieve the purpose of use, other than to meet legal requirements or for security purposes.
If you are a member of the society, we will retain your member profile information as long as you are a member. You may cancel their membership at any time through contacting us.
- Your Rights
You have the following rights with respect to the processing of your information. To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request here.
・You have the right to request disclosure of your data held by us and how it is used.
・You have the right to request that your data be corrected if they believe that your data held by us is not accurate.
・You have the right to request deletion of your data at any time. However, we may retain certain information about you as required or permitted by law.
・You have the right to object to the processing of your data. Even in the event of an objection, we may continue to process your data to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Update to this policy
- We may update this policy from time to time. If there is a significant impact on the consent already received, we will notify about the change by email or other means. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the use of the services provided by us after such notification shall constitute your consent to the update of this policy.